Thursday, January 6, 2011

A late reflection on Christmas

I wanted to write a brief post, reflecting back on our church's worship times during the month of December, and especially on our Christmas Eve service. I love Christmas, and looking ahead to planning Christmas music and arranging it with the team was both super exciting, but harrowing at the same time. And as we talked about several times over the course of last month, those Christmas songs proved a little difficult to arrange/play at times.

But, looking back, I'm really excited about how everything went. The songs we sang together as a church are rich in theology, and brought a lot of richness to the Christmas season (for me at least). I feel like we bonded in a special way as a music team in the midst of it all, as we had to scramble to smooth out the bumps in some of those tricky arrangements. Nothing like a last minute scramble an hour before the Sunday morning service.

I had a great time, I truly believe the church was encouraged and led to worship, and I'm looking forward to next year and all the possibilities for Christmastime.

A special thanks to everyone who played/sang for Christmas Eve as well. We definitely scrambled through technical difficulties at the beginning of practice, but the songs came off really well. I was excited about how full our church was, with visitors and visiting family of our regular attenders. Lets keep praying that the faithful in our church, and those who just came for Christmas Eve, were confronted with the sovereign Christ and the wonder of the Gospel.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment