Sunday, October 3, 2010

OUT SICK, Sunday, 10/3:



So as it happens, I ended up sick Thursday night/Friday morning. I tried hard to get well before Sunday (excessive ingestion of vitamins, lots of tea with honey, not talking, etc.), but Saturday I was feeling worse, not better. So Tim Plaster was gracious and willing to step up and cover Sunday. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate Tim - he's a great servant-leader, and has taught me a great deal about being just that. From what I hear, Sunday went well. Tim was even up for introducing the new song planned for this week, which by good providence he had already been learning on his own.

The new song we tried out this week, and that we'll play again in 2 weeks, is called Our God is Greater, by Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin. The reason it was chosen for the set was the specific way it speaks of some of God's attributes - that He is strong, awesome in power, etc. Also, the bridge is really what I see as the focal point of the song, that if God is for us, what can stand against us? We can sing this on future Sundays as a declaration of our war against sin, and fear of man; God's sovereign grace and power enable us to fight sin and take bold, risky steps of obedience to what He has called us to.

Give the song a listen, and hopefully I'll see you next Sunday!

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment