Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"The Mercy Seat" and "The War"

If you notice in the side column on the right of this page, there's a list of "worship music I'm really enjoying right now," where I'm listing music that I've found or has been given to me, that I think is really beneficial stuff for the church. And I just want to take a second to recommend something to you from that list!

I love the movement happening right now among churches - musicians are writing their own music that is meant to be sung in their own churches. Thankfully, some of this music is making it out to the rest of us, and this is a great example. Sojourn Church in Louisville, Kentucky, has a desire to write their own music and, in the words of their worship director, "that church music can be reclaimed from the commercial world it’s in by the local church." And this EP is some of the most biblical, creative new worship music I've heard in recent years. These songwriters know music, and they know their bibles.

Each EP is about $5 on iTunes or Amazon.com, so go check it out. Search for the titles of the albums, which are "The Mercy Seat" and "The War," or search for "Sojourn" and you'll find their stuff.

Here's a trailer for the dual EP! May it whet your whistle for good worship music. You can also go here to listen to the entire album, and/or purchase it.

Preview For The Mercy Seat-The War Split EP from Sojourn Community Church on Vimeo.

1 comment: