Thursday, April 7, 2011

Out Sick

To reflect a little bit on last weekend, I have to say that I was overwhelmed by how our church steps up and cares for one another when things don't go so easy. I was all prepped for Sunday's music, and the stomach bug knocked me right out late Saturday night.

Tim Plaster graciously made other arrangements for the music he was planning on leading for the elementary-age kids, and stepped up to the plate for main service music. Even though I called Tim at 11:00, he was ready and willing to try to make arrangements to fill in. And he did it with obvious joy and excitement. I can't say enough how much I appreciate Tim's heart for serving the Church and worshiping God through music.

I also can't say how much I appreciate our band - they're great musicians who made all the music happen, and (I hope) enabled Tim to lead our church with joy. Sorry guys, for causing you extra stress this past weekend!

The music team lead our church family in congregational singing of God's praise, which was a huge blessing for our church on Sunday. We often take those things for granted, but God always proves he has just the right group lined up at times like that. He proves that he provides; that His Spirit is the one that facilitates our corporate worship on Sunday mornings. Praise God we don't have to rely on ourselves.
__________________________________________

Preparing for Sunday post goin' to the presses. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment