Monday, September 6, 2010

Reflecting on Sunday morning (yesterday, 9/5/10):



As I'm reflecting on yesterdays corporate worship at our church, I'm encouraged again, ultimately. A good friend called me last night, asking where he could find one of the songs we sang together in church. I know his love for, and commitment to good theology, and how good theology inspires his worship. That's partly what I long for with our time of singing on Sunday morning, and why I'm writing today, reflecting back on yesterday morning. I love it when the songs we sing affect individuals in the gathered church, and it would be my hope that they would go into their weeks (and individual stations in life) singing and thinking about the songs we sang together Sunday morning as the body of Christ. It would also be my hope that the theology in the songs would be fixed in all of our minds and hearts as we go from church into the week. Hopefully we can fight sin and temptation more intensely, and stand more unwaveringly in our faith because of the encouragement and equipping we find together at church on Sunday morning.

So go to iTunes or Amazon.com and buy versions you like of the songs we sing together. Or you can follow the links below to give them a listen.

All that to say, yesterday we sang the following songs. It was another good morning of preaching, singing and fellowship.

Preaching: sermon by Pastor John - Part 1 of "What is the experience of an unbeliever and believer when they die?" Text: Luke 16:19-31
1. Holy is the Lord
2. Glorious and Mighty
3. All I Have is Christ
4. My Hope is Built (We arranged this a little differently, but this was the version I found that was closest. This version has a cool bridge that we did not play. I'll try to post a video or track of our arrangement at some point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment